Your Aged Care calculation of your cost of care form (SA486) will determine if you have sufficient funds to pay an accommodation payment or contribution. The amount you can be asked to pay will be one of the following:
- No accommodation costs: if your income and assets are below a certain amount, the Australian Government will pay your accommodation costs; or
- An accommodation contribution: if you are required to pay part of the cost of your accommodation, the Australian Government will pay the rest; or
- An accommodation payment: if you are required to pay for the full cost of your accommodation.
Your Aged Care calculation of your cost of care form (SA486) will determine if you have sufficient funds to pay an accommodation payment or contribution.
Click here for online access to the required documentation. You can complete this form online, print and then send to the address nominated in the documents.
Alternatively you can print from the selection displayed on the Department of Human Services web page, complete by hand and send to the nominated address.
Finley Regional Care also has these documents in hard copy, please call the Accommodation Coordinator on 03 5883 9600 and she will forward a copy to you by post or email.
Maximum RAD (Refundable Accommodation Deposit) for Finley Regional Care is $350,000.
You can find out more about the Department fee schedule here
Complete Care Fees
Finley Regional Care is a Not-for-Profit Community Owned Organisation, and endeavour to keep any expenses or direct charges to the Client at a minimum.
Majority of costs are covered by the Department of Health via the Client’s allocated Home Care Package, dependent upon assessment from an ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team). These packages are allocated on a needs basis by My Aged Care.
The four levels of Home Care Packages, as deemed by the Aged Care Assessment Team, for different care and support needs are:
- Level 1 for basic care needs – approximately 2 hours per week (average)
- Level 2 for low-level care needs – approximately 3-4 hours per week (average)
- Level 3 for intermediate care needs – approximately 7-9 hours per week (average)
- Level 4 for high-level care needs – approximately 10-13 hours per week (average)
Charges to Clients can be as low as .5c / day up to $10.94 / day depending on care requirements. In most cases it will be the lower figure or no cost.
You can find out more on our pricing schedule by clicking here.
Travel for shopping, appointments and social outings will be charged at 95 cents per km.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS / WEEKENDS
General services are not usually provided on Public Holidays or Weekends. Essential services are provided in an Emergency or on a needs basis.
EMERGENCY CALL OUTS
Call outs will be charged at the appropriate rate – minimum of 2 hours
Payment within 14 days of receipt of invoice.
For further information regarding home care packages please refer to the My Aged Care website: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/help-home/home-care-packages