Your home, your choice, your community
Happier at Home – Complete Care
There’s no doubt that the family home is a loved and cherished place where happy times are had and wonderful memories are made. So it’s natural that as you or a loved one ages, the security and peace of mind of familiar surroundings become even more important.
However as the years go by – staying in your home can be a challenge. Personal care, housework even gardening can become difficult. That’s why at Finley Regional Care we provide levels 1 – 4 Complete Care Packages to help you or a loved one stay in your home as long as possible
What is Complete Care?
Complete Care provides Home Care Packages which are a Commonwealth Government funded program designed to provide essential services to you or a loved one in your own home and based on your individual needs.
These packages are funded by the Government and each level receives a different amount of funding depending upon the level of your needs. The funding is paid to the Approved Provider to administer the funds on your behalf.
The four levels of Home Care Package for different care and support needs:
- Level 1 for basic care needs – approximately 2 hours per week (average)
- Level 2 for low-level care needs – approximately 3-4 hours per week (average)
- Level 3 for intermediate care needs – approximately 7-9 hours per week (average)
- Level 4 for high-level care needs – approximately 10-13 hours per week (average)
Each level receives a different amount of government funding. The higher the levels, the more funding the government pays on your behalf. Once you have had an Aged Care Assessment, you will be told which level applies for you.
There are three main things that will impact on how much you have available to spend on your care and services:
- How much the provider charges your package for administration and case management
- How much the provider charges for each hour of care you receive
- How much you can contribute to your package budget by paying the Basic Daily Fee
As Finley Regional Care is a community owned aged care facility, the fees charged are minimal.
Services provided at Complete Care are:
- Community Owned
- Professional Team of Staff
- Registered Nurse – available by appointment
- Medication Management – assistance with medications
- Personal Support – assistance with showering, grooming and pampering
- Home Care Duties – general household cleaning
- Transport to Appointments – organising and assistance with transport to appointments or social events
- Shopping assistance
- Purpose Built Vehicle with Disabled Access
- Assistance with Meal Preparation and cooking in the home if required
- In-house Gardening Service – assistance to keep lawns and gardens neat and tidy
- Home Maintenance – handyman service for minor repairs and maintenance
- Home Modification – in consultation with an Occupational Therapist with any work required outsourced to HACC
Our friendly and caring staff are trained to provide the best possible care and assistance, and enable consumers choice and flexibility on how their service is provided in their own home.
There is now a National Waiting List for Home Care Services
If you have approval for home care but are not currently receiving any subsidised home care package services you need to register.
How do I register to get a Package
Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200422 or go to www.myagedcare.gov.au and request an ACAT assessment. Following this assessment a request will be sent off on your behalf to My Aged Care seeking an appropriate Home Care Package.
- A home care package will be allocated to a consumer, allowing the consumer to direct funding for their home care package to the provider of their choice.
- Funding for a home care package will follow the consumer, replacing the current system where home care ‘places’ are allocated to individual approved provider in particular locations.
- Consumers will have more choice and control over their home care, including the ability to change providers if they wish.
- A new national prioritisation process will be established for home care, including a national package queue, which will assign packages to consumers based on their individual needs and how long they have been waiting for services, regardless of where they live.
When you receive approval via letter you need to find a Home Care Package Provider and sign up prior to the cutoff date listed.
We also offer private packages which help in time of need such as recouping from a sudden illness, delivery of quality meals, assistance to go shopping etc. You do not need to be assessed by ACAT to access Complete Care Private Packages.
Please contact our Complete Care Co-ordinator on 03 5883 9600 during business hours or email us if you feel you or your loved one/s require assistance and you would like to discuss how we can provide the care support required.