It is a great day at Finley Regional Care. The successful suppression of the COVID-19 Infection in Victoria and continued low numbers in NSW gives us hope of progressing to the next step. Unfortunately, we will never return to the way things were, however, what is outlined in today’s update is a significant step towards the new normal.
As of Monday afternoon (23rd November), NSW Health changed its directions to permit any visitors from the whole of Victoria into aged care facilities. Whilst we anticipated this, it was only after significant lobbying by us, other local providers and our industry body; Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA), that the mismatch between allowing Victorians over the border, but preventing them from entering an aged care facility was resolved.
Over the coming weeks we will be introducing some new systems including:
- swipe card access for the after-hours entrance doors,
- an self-service digital check-in, that uses facial recognition, checks your temperature and requires answers to the screening questions
- as well as a booking system for visits
Lastly, please remember that whilst things are better here in Australia, the COVID-19 virus is still active, and there is no vaccine; as yet! It is only through everyone’s vigilance and following the rules that we can keep our Residents, loved ones and each other safe.
If you develop any symptoms – get checked for COVID-19, follow the advice and stay away from Finley Regional Care until you are clear and instructed by the public health unit. Further information can be found at: www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
or the COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 020 080.
New Visiting Arrangements
As of Wednesday, the 25th November, FRC – Residential Aged Care is allowing any visitors under the following conditions:
A maximum of 2 Visitors per 1 Resident at any 1 time
Visiting Hours are:
- Business days 9:00am till 4:30pm and
- Weekends (*when staffed) 10am till 4pm and via a booking – phone (03) 5883 9600
All other conditions remain the same:
Facilities are required to:
- Ensure All visitors, staff and contractors pass the daily screening process!
**Note: Hotspots change daily
- Record every visitor staff member or contractor’s name and contact details, electronically where possible
- Ensure social distancing is adhered to – No physical contact, stay 1.5 meters apart!
- Ensure children are closely supervised by parents / guardians
- Ask visitors to undertake hand hygiene on entering and leaving; the facility, each house, the resident’s room or other such areas, as well as touching any item or surface.
- Encourage visitors to remain within the resident’s room, go to an outdoor area or any alternative room where the resident and their visitors can keep apart from other residents
- Allow no more than two visitors per resident at a time – this does not mean only the same two people can ever visit a resident.
- Masks are not required to be worn at this time – some conditions remain.
- Existing exemptions for Compassionate Grounds will continue.
** Note: Authorised Carers have variable arrangements depending on the individual needs.
Department of Health NSW
These visiting arrangements and conditions of entry may change without notice at any time depending on the local situation, direction from the NSW Public Health Unit or any other such situation deemed suitable by FRC management.
Virtual Visiting remains available by booking with reception on 03 5883 9600 a:
- Window Visit in our Visitor Room
- Video Conference via Skype, Zoom, Facetime etc and
- Phone calls.
Please distribute this information to the wider family / friend group.
We again thank everyone for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Remain Safe, Remain Vigilant
Executive Director of Operations
On behalf of The Finley Regional Care Team