STAGE 2 Restrictions
As we adjust to the new normal in a COVID 19 world, protecting our Residents and Clients remains our top priority. We are constantly monitoring the situation. As a result, we are moving to STAGE 2 Restrictions.
At the time of writing this, there continues to be no cases of COVID 19 in Finley Regional Care.
Restrictions on entry into Finley Regional Care (all)
Based on the latest advice from the Governments Chief Medical Advisor, these restrictions are in addition to those imposed by the government and we are required to follow them.
As of 2pm Monday 30th March 2020 ALL NON-AUTHORISED PEOPLE (including VISITORS) WILL
NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY INTO FRC RESIDENTIAL AGED CARE
Only the following Authorised Individuals will be permitted.
- Staff including Service providers, eg. Physiotherapy, podiatry
- Contractors (For essential works only)
- Volunteers Under 70 (or 65 with comorbidities)
- Authorised visitors (must be authorised by Executive – CEO, EDO or DCS, have a valid reason and carry ID Card)
All people entering FRC Residential Aged Care are still subject to the following screening.
Individuals will be prohibited from entry if they:
- have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- A contact is defined as anyone who has been in contact with a known case, including the 24 hours before the case became symptomatic.
- have a fever (>37.5c) and symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- have not been vaccinated against influenza (after 1stMay 2020)
- are Children aged 16 years and under
Visitors who are not excluded by this criterion will be subject to the following conditions:
- Authorised visitors will be permitted access for only Exceptional Circumstances (Hardship or Palliative Care) and be considered on a case by case scenario, and only with approval from the Executive
- Visits will be restricted and only permitted from Monday to Friday – 10am till 4pm
- All visitors must sign in at the Administration desk and agree to the current conditions, including the requirement to use Personal Protective Equipment as directed (Gown, Gloves, Mask)
- All visitors, contractors, volunteers and staff will be screened for temperature and risk factors which may prevent the attendance if positive
- Visitors are restricted to no longer than 1 hour and 2 persons at a time, once a day, and must be in the resident’s room or designated area (Outdoor courtyards – small lounges)
- Authorised Visitors will have a name tag identifying them as “Authorised” visitors with an executive staff members name and signature
For all residents, staff, contractors, vistors (essentially everyone authorised to be onsite)
- Social Distancing is to be adhered to at all times – Stay apart from each other a minimum of 1.5 meters
- Cover your sneezing and coughing following cough etiquette (using you forearm or elbow)
- Use tissues and dispose of after use
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand rub. Soap and water is the best
- Clean surfaces regularly
Administration will be open 9am till 4:30pm, Monday to Friday for usual functions.
- billing and
- appointments with Admission Officer & Complete Care Coordinator.
All operations will be conducted following the above mentioned criteria.
Complete (Home) Care
Complete Care Services are continuing as planned. Screening and monitoring will be performed prior to entry into the home. Essential services will be completed after appropriate precautions are taken. Some services may be rationalised due to essential requirements. Welfare checks will continue; however this may be by a phone contact or facilitating delivery services and other supports as per individual preferences.
Lifestyle, Activities and Volunteers
We continue to offer activities tailored by the restrictions listed earlier.
Volunteers over 70-years of age (and 65 with comorbidities) have been directed by the government to minimise activity away from their home.
Volunteers under 70 years (or 65 if you have health conditions) are still encouraged to participate due to the increase in smaller groups and 1:1 interaction.
Like all other service areas they are subject to the above screening criteria.
Hairdressing will continue, but in a modified way. The social distancing rules apply. There are no time restrictions.
Alternatives to visiting face to face will be facilitated through Administration and the Lifestyle team:
- Times will match visiting hours ie. 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday
- To book an allocated time please phone Finley Regional Care (03) 5883 9600 and speak with Administration.
- Options include telephone and videoconferencing hook up.
Open house days have moved to “By Appointment” arrangements only. Please call (03) 5883 9600 to arrange a booking.
Finley Medical Centre
FMC is using video conferencing for more appointments under the new federal government Medicare arrangements.
Request to contact by phone before presentation.
A new security screen is being fitted to help protect the staff. Arrangements have been made to meet the social distancing requirements. All other services continue as usual.
- These Finley Regional Care COVID – 19 Updates
- Text messaging
- FRC Web site: finleyregionalcare.com.au
- Official Government Websites,
- Resident & Representative Meetings – these are currently being reviewed and restructured. They will include video conferencing functions
- FRC Facebook
Supplies & Resources
Finley Regional Care continues to be supplied with required supplies of Personal Protective Equipment and other required items. As the Pandemic continues, we are being supported by State and Federal Government Agencies to maintain these supplies as an essential service. Whilst supplies will continue, there is ongoing challenges. PPE is to used as required.
All non-essential appointments, elective operations and procedures are likely to be cancelled as the respective services go into their own closure period. For more information speak with the Registered Nurse or Team Leaders. Allied Health services will continue as usual.
If you have any questions please call administration during business hours, 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday on (03) 5883 9600.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and understanding.
Executive Director of Operations
Finley Regional Care