STAGE 2 Restrictions on entry into Finley Regional Care (all)
Based on the latest advice from the Governments Chief Medical Advisor, these restrictions are in addition to those imposed by the government and we are required to follow them.
As of 12pm Tuesday 14th April 2020 ALL NON-AUTHORISED PEOPLE (including VISITORS) WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY INTO FRC RESIDENTIAL AGED CARE and ALL COMMUNITY CARE CLIENTS WILL BE SCREENED BEFORE SERVICES COMMENCE (implemented 2pm Monday 30th March 2020)
Conditions of Entry
Only the following Authorised Individuals will be permitted.
- Staff including Service providers, eg. Physiotherapy, podiatry
- Contractors (For essential works only)
- Volunteers Under 70 (or 65 with comorbidities)
- Authorised visitors are executive approved family, friends or significant others who have a valid reason to enter the facility and will be issued with an Authorised Visitor ID Card which must be worn at all times.
Note: Authority Authorised to visit is only approved for Exceptional Circumstances. E.g. Hardship or Palliative Care
Authorised Individuals or Visitors entering FRC Residential Aged Care are still subject to the following screening criteria. Anyone who has a “positive screen” will not be permitted, and must leave immediately, followed by appropriate cleaning of equipments nd touch points.
Authorised Individuals or Visitors will be prohibited from entry if they:
- have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have symptoms of COVID-19. ie. a fever (>37.5c) and symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- have not been vaccinated against influenza (after 1st May 2020) Please note this is mandated by the government.
- are Children aged 16 years and under
Authorised Visitors, not excluded by this criterion, will be subject to the following conditions:
- be considered on a case by case scenario
- approval is only granted by a member of the Executive
- unless otherwise approved, Authorised Visits are only permitted Business Days – 10am till 4pm
- must sign in at the Administration desk and agree to the current conditions of entry
- are required to use Personal Protective Equipment as directed (Gown, Gloves, Mask)
- Authorised Visits are restricted to no longer than 1 hour and 2 persons at a time, once a day, and must be in the resident’s room or designated area (Outdoor courtyards – small lounges)
- Authorised Visitors will have a name tag identifying them as “Authorised” visitors with an executive staff members name and signature
All Authorised Visitors and Individuals (including Staff and Contractors)
- will be screened for high temperature (>37.5) and COVID-19 risk screened as per above
- Social Distancing is to be adhered to at all times – Stay apart from each other a minimum of 1.5 meters
- Cover your sneezing and coughing following cough etiquette (using you forearm or elbow)
- Use tissues and dispose of after use
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand rub. Soap and water is the best
- Clean surfaces regularly
Administration will be open 9am till 4:30pm, Monday to Friday for usual functions (excluding public holidays).
- billing and
- appointments with Admission Officer & Complete Care Coordinator.
All operations will be conducted following the above mentioned criteria.
Complete (Home) Care
Complete Care Services are continuing as planned. Screening and monitoring will be performed prior to entry into the home. Essential services will be completed after appropriate precautions are taken. Some services may be rationalised due to essential requirements. Welfare checks will continue; however this may be by a phone contact or facilitating delivery services and other supports as per individual preferences.
Lifestyle, Activities and Volunteers
We continue to offer activities tailored by the earlier listed restrictions.
Volunteers over 70-years of age (and 65 with comorbidities) have been directed by the government to minimise activity away from their home.
Volunteers under 70 years (or 65 if you have health conditions) are still encouraged to participate due to the increase in smaller groups and 1:1 interaction.
Like all other service areas they are subject to the above screening criteria.
- Hairdressing will continue, but in a modified way. The social distancing rules apply. There are no time restrictions.
- Video Conference and Telephone call hook ups are our preferred visiting method
- A virtual visit can be booked with the Lifestyle Team
- To book please call reception (03) 5883 9600
- Under extreme and extraordinary circumstances only, a supervised, protected face to face visit may be authorised
- These will be limited and can only be approved by the Executive
- These will only occur within the above-mentioned visiting hours ie. 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday
Resident and Representative Meetings
Please note that with the COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings we are proposing the following change to our resident and representative meetings
- Cluster 2 (House 2&3) Thursday 16th April 1.30pm Cluster 2 Dining Room
- Cluster 3 (House 4&5) Friday 17th April 1.30pm Activities Room
- Cluster 1 and Representative Video Conference Tuesday 21st April 10.30am (Zoom link to be sent our later in week)
Open house days have moved to “By Appointment” arrangements only. Please call (03) 5883 9600 to arrange a booking.
Finley Medical Centre
FMC is using telephone calls or video conferencing for most appointments under the new arrangements.
Patients are requested to phone the clinic for an appointment before presenting to the clinic.
A new security screen is being fitted to help protect the staff.
Arrangements have been made to meet the social distancing requirements.
All other services continue as usual including face to face appointments.
Communicating with us
- These Finley Regional Care COVID – 19 Updates
- Text messaging
- FRC Web site: finleyregionalcare.com.au
- Official Government Websites,
- Resident & Representative Meetings – these are currently being reviewed and restructured. They will include video conferencing functions
- FRC Facebook
Supplies & Resources
Finley Regional Care continues to be supplied with required supplies of Personal Protective Equipment and other required items. As the Pandemic continues, we are being supported by State and Federal Government Agencies to maintain these supplies as an essential service. Whilst supplies will continue, there is ongoing challenges. PPE is to used as required. Some changes have been introduced with the temperature testing process.
All non-essential appointments, elective operations and procedures are likely to be cancelled as the respective services go into their own closure period. For more information speak with the Registered Nurse or Team Leaders. Allied Health services will continue as usual.
If you have any questions please call administration during business hours, 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday on (03) 5883 9600.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and understanding.
Executive Director of Operations
Finley Regional Care