Understandably the situation in both NSW and Victoria continues, with daily numbers between 300 and 500 in Victoria and more clusters appearing in NSW. Even more concerning; today it has been reported that 1 in every 4 nursing homes in Victoria has a case of COVID-19. In perspective most of these facilities are in the Melbourne CBD, however the number is still alarming.
As a result, we will remain at the current level of restriction. Stage: 1(C) – Moderate Risk: Code Brown visitor restrictions.
What does this mean:
- All onsite visits are cancelled. Only staff and service providers are permitted.
- Contact with residents is via a Phone call or pre booking a virtual online visit through reception on (03) 5883 9600.
- Authorised visitors will be considered on a case by case basis, for compassionate and extraordinary reasons only by executive approval.
- All staff are required to wear a surgical mask whilst at work.
- Access to Finley Regional Care is only via the administration building.
- Staff after hours access continues via the existing arrangements
- New admissions have and will continue to enter a 2 week period of quarantine.
These restrictions will be reviewed weekly (each Wednesday) until further notice.
Copies of the updated “Visitor Access during Pandemic, Epidemic, Regional and Organisational Outbreaks of Communicable Diseases” policy are available on our website and on request.
These updates will be provided each Thursday or as required to the residents, staff, service providers and only the first primary contact for the resident. It is expected that the primary contact distributes this information to the wider family / friend group.
We again thank everyone for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Remain Safe, Remain Vigilant
Executive Director of Operations
On behalf of The Finley Regional Care Team