It is finally a good afternoon (we hope)!
The last few days have seen significant improvement in the Victorian situation – specifically the regional border areas and the NSW cases continue to be stable.
As a result, if the Victorian Government reduces the restrictions for Regional Victoria this Sunday 13th September 2020, Finley Regional Care will move to the least restrictive position under our existing Stage: 1(C) – Moderate Risk: Code Brown visitor restrictions.
At this point we are working out the specifics, however the plan is to:
- have one nominated family member or representative Authorised
- this will be known as either; the Residents Authorised Visitor or Authorised Residents Carer
- The Authorised person will undertake an induction, including infection control training
- They will be required to sign a Statuary Declaration to abide by the conditions of entry and
- They will still need to pass the daily screening process
- Visits will be in the resident’s rooms (Non-Common Areas)
- Visits will be for up to 1 hour, once per day –
- No booking will be required.
Note: Carers will have variable arrangements depending on the individual needs.
Other family and friends can continue to use the other methods for contact, including pre booked Window, Video Conference and Phone calls. Existing exemptions for compassionate grounds will continue.
I would encourage families and friends to work with their loved ones to determine who will be their Authorised Visitor / Carer. Please note – only one person per resident.
Finley Regional Care is a Registered COVID-19 Safe Workplace and has a COVID-19 safety plan registered with the NSW State Health Department.
Can I also please remind everyone that under this plan all visitors to the Finley Regional Care facility must register at our Administration when on site.
Failure to meet this requirement is in breach of our COVID-19 safety plan and will result in:
- reporting individuals to the police,
- a penalty of up to $11,000 minimum and
- possibly 6 months jail.
Copies of the updated “Visitor Access during Pandemic, Epidemic, Regional and Organisational Outbreaks of Communicable Diseases” policy are available on our website and on request.
These updates will be provided each Thursday or as required to the residents, staff, service providers and only the first primary contact for the resident. It is expected that the primary contact distributes this information to the wider family / friend group.
We again thank everyone for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Remain Safe, Remain Vigilant
Executive Director of Operations
On behalf of The Finley Regional Care Team