We have finally been advised by NSW Health that Finley Regional Care can return to our previous standing for Visitor Access. Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding through this stressful time. We are certainly looking forward to the end of 2020. These Changes will apply from 10am Thursday 24th December 2020.
In short, anyone from or who has recently visited the Northern Beaches or Greater Sydney area, will be prohibited from entering FRC or have contact with residents or take residents home where this group will be present. Photo ID is required upon entry to Finley Regional Care. A surgical mask is to be worn at all times by visitors and staff.
Visiting Hours (including pick up and drop off times) are as follows:
- Thurs 24th Dec Christmas Eve: 10 till 3pm (Administration closing 3pm)
- Fri 25th Dec Christmas Day: 10 till 4pm (Prior Booking Essential)
- Sat 26th Dec Boxing Day: 10 till 4pm (Prior Booking Essential)
- Sun 27th Dec 10 till 4pm (Prior Booking Essential)
- Mon 28th Dec Boxing Day Public Holiday: No Visits – Administration is closed
- Tue 29th till Thurs 31st Dec 10 till 4pm (Admin closing 3pm Thursday)
- Fri 1st Jan 2021 New Year’s Day 10 till 4pm (Prior Booking Essential)
- Sat 2nd Jan onwards to be advised
Caps on Numbers of Visitors in FRC at one time still apply!
The 2 : 1 : 1 Rule – A maximum of 2 Visitors per 1 Resident at any 1 time.
Residents leaving the facility for an event or overnight stay
A “designated organiser” must be nominated to complete an “Event Registration Form” (available at reception), and include details of location, date, time, attendees, and contact details; similar to our screening questions when entering the facility. This will be the best way for residents, families, and friends to gather these Christmas Holidays. A resident must wear a surgical mask if they can not physically distance from another – especially whilst in transit (e.g. a car).
If intending to take residents out, we highly recommend outings only to small private gatherings. The current public health order states a cap on attendees to a private gathering as 30 inside and 50 outside. Due to the higher risk to older residents, it is our recommendation that your gathering be much lower than this. Please refer to the previous attachment produced by NSW Health explaining many of the conditions and restrictions in a format that is easy to read. If you still require further information after reading these documents please call Reception to speak with a staff member in Administration.
* There is minimal staff in Administration on Public Holidays.
Staffing in Administration on weekends / public holidays is variable and may change at short notice.
This may effect (cancel) visits on weekends at short notice.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
Bookings for any visits on the Weekend / Public Holiday is essential – Booked visitors will be contacted, if effected.
All other conditions remain the same
Facilities are required to:
- Ensure All visitors, staff and contractors pass the daily screening process! **Note: Hotspots
- Record every visitor staff member or contractor’s name and contact details,
- Ensure social distancing is adhered to – No physical contact, stay 1.5 meters apart!
- Ensure children are closely supervised by parents / guardians
- Ask visitors to undertake hand hygiene on entering and leaving; the
facility, each house, the resident’s room or other such areas, as well as touching any item
- Visitors are to remain within the resident’s room, go to an outdoor area or any alternative
room where the resident and their visitors can keep apart from other residents
- Allow no more than two visitors per resident at a time – this does not mean only the same
two people can ever visit a resident.
- Existing exemptions for Compassionate Grounds will continue.
** Note: Authorised Carers have variable arrangements depending on the individual needs.
Department of Health NSW
These visiting arrangements and conditions of entry may change without notice at any time depending on the local
situation, direction from the NSW Public Health Unit or any other such situation deemed suitable by FRC management.
Virtual Visiting remains available by booking with reception on 03 5883 9600:
- Window Visit in our Visitor Room
- Video Conference via Skype, Zoom, Facetime etc
- Phone calls.
Please distribute this information to the wider family / friend group.
We again thank everyone for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Remain Safe, Remain Vigilant
Executive Director of Operations
On behalf of The Finley Regional Care Team