To all our residents, clients, patients, retirees, families and representatives.
The Coronavirus pandemic has changed the world we live in.
In order to protect your loved ones and staff we are required to take some measured and staged precautions.
At the time of writing this, there are no cases of COVID 19 or other similar illnesses in Finley Regional Care; something we would like to continue.
As a result, the following restrictions will apply from 5pm Monday 23rd of March 2020.
Access for Visitors
Based on the latest advice from the Governments Chief Medical Advisor, Finley Regional Care – Nursing Home will enter its Stage 1B visitor restrictions.
The following people will not be permitted entry to the nursing home:
- People who have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- People who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- People who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- People with fever (>37.5c) or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath)
- Children aged 16 years and under
Visitors who are not excluded by this criterion will be subject to the following conditions:
- Visits will be restricted and only permitted from Monday to Friday – 10am till 4pm.
- All visitors must sign in at the Administration desk and agree to the current conditions
- All visitors, contractors, volunteers and staff will be screened for temperature and risk factors which may prevent the attendance if positive.
- Visitors are restricted to no longer than 1 hour and 2 persons at a time, once a day, and must be in the resident’s room or designated area (Outdoor courtyards – small lounges)
- Social Distancing is to be adhered to – Stay apart a minimum of 1.5 meters
- Exceptional circumstances (Palliative Care) will be considered on a case by case scenario and only with approval from the Executive.
Alternatives to visiting face to face will be facilitated through Administration and the Lifestyle team:
- Times will match visiting hours ie. 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday
- To book an allocated time please phone Finley Regional Care (03) 5883 9600 and speak with Administration.
- Options include telephone and videoconferencing hook up.
If you have any questions please call administration during business hours, 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday on (03) 5883 9600.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Executive Director of Operations
Finley Regional Care