On Thursday 18th April we fondly farewelled and thanked Tanya Coulter for her two years of commitment and time at FRC as Operations Manager.
At our Easter BBQ, President Eric Dean, on behalf of the Board of Directors and FRC’s residents, clients, patients and staff thanked Tanya for her dedication to this very busy role and wished her and husband Stephen best wishes for their future life at Geelong.
Below is a farewell message from Tanya.
It is with much sadness that I say farewell to Finley Regional Care to make the move back to my family and friends in Geelong.
My two years as Operations Manager has been a wonderful experience. Being new to aged care when I took on this role means that I have been on a steep learning curve and I could not have asked for a better place to begin my journey.
Some of the achievements I am most proud of include:
- Implementation of Procurement Processes
- Use of iPads for streamlining compliance activities
- Base Roster for Registered Nurses
- Creation of the Risk Assessment Committee
- Creation of Annual Training Plan
- Update to all Policies and Procedures
- Creation of checklists in WHS Online to assist with audit activities
- Sage/TimeTarget Payroll Integration
- Successful AGPAL Accreditation for the Medical Centre 2017
- Successful Food Services Authority Audit 2017
- Passing Quality Agency Accreditation in 2018 without any recommendations
- Implementation of Employee Assistance Program (AccessEAP)
- Introduction of random drug and alcohol testing on site
- Being a finalist for the 2018 Catering Services Award in the 2018 Hospitality & Lifestyle Aged Care Awards
- Appointing an Apprentice Chef and School-Based Apprentice Gardener to the facility
- Partnering with TAFE NSW to offer our staff Certificate IV in Leadership and Management as well as Certificate II in Spoken and Written English for those who speak a language other than English at home
- Appointment of a Graduate RN
- Transitioning to the New Aged Care Quality Standards
Finley Regional Care is a wonderful place to work. Our staff are dedicated, caring and extremely hard working and I am proud to have worked alongside all of you. Our lovely residents always brighten my day with the smallest of comment or a kind word and I will miss each and every one of you dearly.
I would like to thank the Board, Ben and the management team for allowing me the privilege to work in such a fantastic facility and wish Finley Regional Care the very best for the future.
Tanya Coulter, Operations Manager